geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Richard <>
Subject Re: Referencing JCA Admin Object
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:00:21 GMT

I got pulled away from this for a few days and came back to it this
morning.  I managed to make it work properly provided I deploy my connector
as part of my EAR.  Previously, I was deploying the connector separate from
the EAR (as a global connector if you will) and the reference was breaking
due to some class loader issue.  I'm not sure why, seeing as the classes are
in the repository. I kinow this surely works with JMS admin objects as I
have tried this successfuly.

I've updated ResourceReference to provide more useful information on

the exact cause of error.

david jencks

On Nov 18, 2005, at 12:18 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Richard wrote:

>> Thanks again David,

>> I apologize for not sending the cause the first time.  I scanned the

>> stack too quickly and missed it.  It is below.  For some reson is is

>> complainging my impl class does not realize my interface.  I'm

>> certain it does. Also, I've looked several times to make sure I have

>> not mistyped something.  I am assuming that the classes are all

>> verified at deployment time.  I feel like I am missing something

>> obvious ;-)

>> I added some printf's to my impl class and I see the setters getting

>> called.  So I know it is the right type that is added to JNDI.  These

>> beans do not need to implement any specific interface do they; as

>> long as they implement the interface I prescribed in my connector I

>> should be good to go.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Proxy does not implement

>> expected inter

>> face interface

>>         at

>> org.apache.geronimo.naming.reference.ResourceReference.getContent(Res

>> :61)

>>         at

> I think there are 2 possibilities: one is that there is an error in

> perhaps the ra.xml or the plan and the wrong interface is specified

> somewhere, and the other is that the interface is being loaded twice

> in 2 different classloaders.

> Aside from just looking again, if you post the ra.xml and the plan I

> will review them. I think it's more likely that there are 2

> classloaders involved. Is the interface in question in 2 jars, such

> as in the adapter itself and in the ejb jar? I usually find the

> source of these problems by putting a breakpoint at the source of the

> exception and carefully examining the objects and classloaders

> involved. I'll look into adding some more helpful analysis code that

> will provide more useful information.

> thanks

> david jencks

View raw message