geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Richard <plath...@gmail.com>
Subject Referencing JCA Admin Objects
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:39:34 GMT
I have written a JCA connector that makes use of several admin objects (like
JMS queues and topics) but I am having issues referencing it from my EJB.
This works fine when referencing ActiveMQ recources but not for my own
connector. The only thing I can figure is that I am not using the proper
JNDI subcontext. If I have my own connector I thought that I needed to use
the EIS subcontext but that does not appear to work. Here are some snippets.
  Admin object definition in the deployment plan:

<adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>AdminObjectToBeStoredInJNDI</
message-destination-name>

<config-property-setting name="Name">Value</config-property-setting>

</adminobject-instance>

 The resource-env-ref in the ejb-jar.xml:

<resource-env-ref>

<description></description>

<resource-env-ref-name>eis/ReferenceString</resource-env-ref-name>

<resource-env-ref-type>com.abc.Interface</resource-env-ref-type>

</resource-env-ref>
 The deployment descriptor in open-ejb.xml:

<resource-env-ref>

<ref-name>eis/ReferenceString</ref-name>

<message-destination-link>AdminObjectToBeStoredInJNDI</
message-destination-link>

</resource-env-ref>
 The lookup code:
 InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext();
Object objref = initCtx
.lookup("java:comp/env/eis/ReferenceString");
   Thanks in advace,
Richard.