geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Has config.list been gone from HEAD?
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:29:03 GMT

On Nov 30, 2005, at 9:56 AM, Kenji Nakamura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just download the latest source from svn, and noticed there are no
> config.list templates in var/config. I copied one from M5 and put in
> the directory, but it seems not be looked up and default modules are
> loaded.
> I can control if I launch with -config option, I can control the
> modules to be loaded.
>
> Has the strategy to use config.list changed?

yes.  config.xml is used both for the list of started configurations
and the attribute overrides to gbeans.  You can disable (prevent

load="false"

and similarly you can prevent loading of a gbean in a configuration
with the same attribute on the gbean.

Among other things this fixes some problems I saw with randomized order
of configurations in config.list that sometimes prevented the server
from starting after you deployed more applications.

thanks
david jencks