geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Brian Bonner <bkbon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploying a database plan
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 05:31:45 GMT
Aaron, thanks (and thanks for sending it to the list)  My bad.

I was able to get it deployed ok.  I'm now running into a wierd
problem.  I'm trying to deploy my app, but I get:

C:\mvneclipse\target>deploy deploy paraware-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

    Error: Unable to distribute paraware-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war:
    Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/DB' (no matching
    resources found)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
        xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
        xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
        xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.0"
        configId="com/paraware/TestService" parentId="org/apache/geronimo/
Server">

        <context-root>test</context-root>
        <context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
        <container-config>
                <naming:resource-ref>
                        <naming:ref-name>jdbc/DB</naming:ref-name>

<naming:resource-link>AS400Datasource</naming:resource-link>
                </naming:resource-ref>
        </container-config>
</web-app>

My web.xml file includes:

    <resource-ref id="ResourceRef_1">
        <res-ref-name>jdbc/DB</res-ref-name>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

I ran the debugConsole and received:

#  J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=net/sf/jt400
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/SystemDatabase
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Tomcat
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAConnectionFactory,name=AS400DataSource
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAConnectionManager,name=AS400DataSource
[running]
# J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=AS400DataSource
[running]

It looks like the match is there, but I'm still getting the error.  Any ideas?

Brian

On 11/24/05, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> > I got this error:
> >
> > deploy deploy C:\geronimo-1.0-M5\repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.0.rar
> > geronimo-ra.xml
> >     Error: Unable to distribute tranql-connector-1.0.rar: No builder
> >     found for namespace:
> >     http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0 or default
> >     namespace: http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.0
>
> There should also be a difference in the defaultNamespace attribute
> for the WebBuilder GBean in the o/a/g/RuntimeDeployer configuration.
> In fact, that should be affecting the error message (where it says "or
> default namespace:
> http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.0", that should be
> ...tomcat-1.0).  Can you stop your server and check the
> var/config/config.xml and check the WebBuilder attributes?  If it
> still says Jetty, can you try copying config.tomcat.xml over
> config.xml again while the server is definitely shut down and then try
> it again?  I don't see how it's still reporting a default of Jetty if
> the Tomcat config.xml is in place (unelss maybe you copied it while
> the server was running, in which case it may have just been
> overwritten).
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> > Here's the list from deploy list-modules:
> >
> > Found 33 modules
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Tomcat @ http://L3B7594:8090/
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/Tomcat
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/RMINaming
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/ActiveMQServer
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/TomcatRuntimeDeployer
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/Server
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/Security
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/SystemDatabase
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/Console/Tomcat
> >       `-> geronimo-console-standard-1.0-M5.war @ http://L3B7594:8090/console-sta
> > ndard
> >       `-> geronimo-console-framework-1.0-M5.war @ http://L3B7594:8090/console
> >   + org/apache/geronimo/System
> >     org/apache/geronimo/juddiServer/1.0-M5/Jetty
> >     org/apache/geronimo/Jetty
> >     org/apache/geronimo/SampleSecurityRealm
> >     org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase
> >     org/apache/geronimo/SpringDeployer
> >     org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
> >     org/apache/geronimo/DeployerSystem
> >     org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem
> >     org/apache/geronimo/ClientSecurity
> >     org/apache/geronimo/Client
> >     org/apache/geronimo/ClientCORBA
> >     org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Jetty
> >     org/apache/geronimo/Demo
> >     org/apache/geronimo/SpringRuntime
> >     org/apache/geronimo/ServerCORBA
> >     org/apache/geronimo/Directory
> >     org/apache/geronimo/OfflineDeployer
> >     org/apache/geronimo/juddiServer/1.0-M5/Tomcat
> >     org/apache/geronimo/Console/Jetty
> >     org/apache/geronimo/JettyRuntimeDeployer
> >     net/sf/jt400
> >
> > I presume the + indicates that it's running and the
> > TomcatRuntimeDeployer and RuntimeDeployer are both running.

name="UserName">user</config-property-setting>
name="Password">demo</config-property-setting>