geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jian Liao <norwaywo...@gmail.com>
Subject Why naming service is not available when Servlet is initializing?(Tomcat 5.5.9)
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:10:26 GMT
All,
I'm trying to integrate jetspeed 2 with geronimo(svn head) and
tomcat-5.5.9as web container.
The deployment is successful. But Jetspeed will initialize OJB in
JetspeedServlet.init() method which needs to obtain resource jdbc/jetspeed
through JNDI. It just can not get it cause the context is never bind to the
thread.

I try it with Jetty and it works because ComponentContextBeforeAfter is
called.

I am wondering if I am not allowed to do any JNDI operation in Servlet.init
()?

Any help would be appreciated.

- James Liao