geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Referencing JCA Admin Object
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:18:42 GMT

On Nov 18, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Richard wrote:

> Thanks again David,
>
> I apologize for not sending the cause the first time.  I scanned the
> stack too quickly and missed it.  It is below.  For some reson is is
> complainging my impl class does not realize my interface.  I'm certain
> it does. Also, I've looked several times to make sure I have not
> mistyped something.  I am assuming that the classes are all verified
> at deployment time.  I feel like I am missing something obvious ;-)
>

> I added some printf's to my impl class and I see the setters getting
> called.  So I know it is the right type that is added to JNDI.  These
> beans do not need to implement any specific interface do they; as long
> as they implement the interface I prescribed in my connector I should
> be good to go.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Proxy does not implement
> expected inter
> face interface com.abc.Interface
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.naming.reference.ResourceReference.getContent(Res
> ourceReference.java :61)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContex
> t.java:220)

I think there are 2 possibilities: one is that there is an error in
perhaps the ra.xml or the plan and the wrong interface is specified
somewhere, and the other is that the interface is being loaded twice in
2 different classloaders.

Aside from just looking again, if you post the ra.xml and the plan I
will review them.  I think it's more likely that there are 2
classloaders involved.  Is the interface in question in 2 jars, such as
in the adapter itself and in the ejb jar?  I usually find the source of
these problems by putting a breakpoint at the source of the exception
and carefully examining the objects and classloaders involved.  I'll
look into adding some more helpful analysis code that will provide more
useful information.

thanks
david jencks