geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guglielmo.Licht...@instinet.com
Subject Re: TranQL resource adapter crapping out
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 03:30:32 GMT
I think the problem was the Driver property missing from the plan. My bad.

Matt Hogstrom <matt@hogstrom.org>
11/28/2005 05:43 PM
Please respond to user

        To:     user@geronimo.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: TranQL resource adapter crapping out

You can get the source here:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.tranql.codehaus.org:/home/projects/tranql/scm
co
tranql

Here is the code in question:

     protected Connection getPhysicalConnection(Subject subject,
CredentialExtractor credentialExtractor) throws ResourceException {
         try {
-- Line 79 --            if (!driver.acceptsURL(url)) {
                 throw new ResourceAdapterInternalException("JDBC Driver
cannot
handle url: " + url);
             }
         } catch (SQLException e) {
             throw new ResourceAdapterInternalException("JDBC Driver
rejected
url: " + url);
         }

Looks like we never got a valid driver established.  Are there other
messages in
the log?

Guglielmo.Lichtner@instinet.com wrote:
> NPE.
>
> Is the source code for this available? (JDBCDriverMF.java, line 79)
>
> I am trying to set up an XA data source using the alpha version of
> connector/j (driver)
> for mysql (with some modifications, since it wasn't doing the right
> thing.)
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>                  at

org.tranql.connector.jdbc.JDBCDriverMCF.getPhysicalConnection(JDBCDriverMCF.java:79)
>                  at

org.tranql.connector.jdbc.JDBCDriverMCF.createManagedConnection(JDBCDriverMCF.java:73)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.MCFConnectionInterceptor.getConnection(MCFConnectionInterceptor.java:41)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResourceInsertionInterceptor.getConnection(LocalXAResourceInsertionInterceptor.java:41)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.internalGetConnection(SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:60)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.getConnection(AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:70)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.java:47)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionCachingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionCachingInterceptor.java:81)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionHandleInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionHandleInterceptor.java:43)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TCCLInterceptor.getConnection(TCCLInterceptor.java:39)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.java:66)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractConnectionManager.allocateConnection(AbstractConnectionManager.java:57)
>                  at
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.DataSource.getConnection(DataSource.java:56)
>                  at
> $javax.sql.DataSource$$FastClassByCGLIB$$6525cafd.invoke(<generated>)
>                  at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.connector.ConnectorMethodInterceptor.intercept(ConnectorMethodInterceptor.java:53)
>                  at

$javax.sql.DataSource$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c7bbac53.getConnection(<generated>)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.PersistenceManager.connection(PersistenceManager.java:413)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.PersistenceManager.preparedStatementForSelectForModelAndSqlIndex(PersistenceManager.java:1045)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.PersistenceManager.find(PersistenceManager.java:703)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.PersistenceManagerFactory$PersistenceManagerDecorator.find(PersistenceManagerFactory.java:145)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.Factory.find(Factory.java:213)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.IdentifiableFactory.find(IdentifiableFactory.java:431)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.businessobjects.user.UserFactory.findByName(UserFactory.java:71)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.TransactionFactory.create(TransactionFactory.java:614)
>                  at

com.instinet.pet.businessmanagement.infrastructure.UserTransaction.begin(UserTransaction.java:139)
>                  at
> org.apache.jsp.test3_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.test3_jsp:74)
>                  at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
>                  at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>                  at

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
>                  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
>                  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
>                  at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:427)
>                  at

org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder.handle(JettyServletHolder.java:99)
>                  at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:832)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.doFilter(JSR154Filter.java:171)
>                  at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:823)
>                  at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationHandler.java:473)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
>                  at

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationContext.java:635)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:954)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:816)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:983)
>                  at
> org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:833)
>                  at

org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:244)