geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guglielmo.Licht...@instinet.com
Subject Messing with the terminal
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:15:21 GMT
I am having extreme difficulty capturing stderr and stdout to redirect to
the file when I do this:

java -jar bin/deployer.jar deploy <plan> 1>dump 2>&1

I have even tried putting it in a shell script and even putting { } around
it (which should have made no difference anyway).

As a result it is impossible for me to capturing a big stack trace which
is coming out.

Is this behavior intended?

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet
reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,
copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipients named above.  If the reader of this email
is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in
error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return email and
permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the
email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email
transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute
the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change
without notice.   Instinet does not make recommendations of a
particular security and the information contained in this email
should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a
solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.