geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guglielmo.Licht...@instinet.com
Subject Re: Start-up classes
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:04:14 GMT
Can I use dependencies to control deployment order, perhaps?

Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
Sent by: ammulder@gmail.com
11/23/2005 11:57 AM
Please respond to user

        To:     user@geronimo.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Start-up classes

You can use a GBean to run code during the application startup, but
I'm not sure off the top of my head whether that will necessarily be
run before EJBs become available to clients.

Aaron

On 11/23/05, Guglielmo.Lichtner@instinet.com
<Guglielmo.Lichtner@instinet.com> wrote:
> I am migrating an application from WebLogic to Geronimo. It consists of
EJBs
> but it also has a "startup" class,
> meaning a class whose main() method has to be invoked before the ejbs
are
> deployed. Unfortunately this class
> performs a huge initialization procedure during class initialization,
and it
> really has to be done before anything else.
>
> In WLS there is a <startup> tag in config.xml, and a similar tag in
> weblogic-application.xml. To do the same in Geronimo
> I am guessing that I can declare a <gbean> inside
geronimo-application.xml.
> Is that correct?
>
> Thanks
> Guglielmo
>
> P.S. Your server looks very clean. Thanks for all the work.

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet
reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,
copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipients named above.  If the reader of this email
is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in
error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return email and
permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the
email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email
transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute
the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change
without notice.   Instinet does not make recommendations of a
particular security and the information contained in this email
should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a
solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.