geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Guglielmo.Licht...@instinet.com
Subject Deferred start of parent GBeans
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:57:35 GMT
I wrote a GBean and I have a webapp which is its child.

My parent gbean tries to get a reference to a data source, but since the
name is wrong
(I must have the wrong name or type) the kernel just delays the start of
my gbean!
It does not, however, delay the start of its child, which results in
disaster.

Wouldn't it be easier to write gbeans if you could assume that if the
child has started
then the parents has started also?

15:44:21,360 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=com/instinet/TOGA,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=com/instinet/TOGA

because no targets are running for reference DataSource matching the
patternspatterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=com/instinet/TOGADataSource,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JDBCDataSource,name=DataSource

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet
reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,
copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.
This message is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the recipients named above.  If the reader of this email
is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in
error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return email and
permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the
email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email
transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute
the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change
without notice.   Instinet does not make recommendations of a
particular security and the information contained in this email
should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a
solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.