geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Referencing JCA Admin Objects
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:03:51 GMT

On Nov 17, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Richard wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> My geronimo.log file has the following line for the admin object; thus
> is appears to be running:
>
> 13:47:58,152 DEBUG [GBeanInstanceState] GBeanInstanceState for:
> geronimo.server:
> J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=MyApp/
> Configuration,j2eeType=JCAAdminObject,name=AdminObjectToBeStoredInJNDI
> State changed from starting to running

yes, it appears to be running.

> There is nothing in the geronimo log, but when I attempt to access the
> object, this is what I get:
>
> javax.naming.NamingException: could not look up :
> env/eis/ReferenceString
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContex
> t.java:222)
>         at org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.RootContext.lookup
> (RootContext.java:5
> 1)
>         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:361)

This looks like you have set up the reference correctly and are looking
for it under the correct name that it was bound under.  There should be
more information available in a stack trace or  from the
namingException.getCause();

Unfortunately I can't figure out what might be wrong from this: the
cause might be more helpful.

thanks
david jencks