geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Starting only deployer
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:18:46 GMT
For my 2 cents, you really shouldn't ever attempt to start only a
fraction of the server that way.  Odds are, it won't work as you
expect.

In this particular case I think the functionality previously
encapsulated in the RuntimeDeployer has been split out into several
configurations, and you also need the JMX infrastructure, etc. in
order to contact a server using the deployer.  I don't think we've
established exactly which configurations need to be started in order
to do something like this, so you'd have to study a lot of code or
just identify the right configurations through trial and error.  But
again, I wouldn't encourage it.

Aaron