geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: deploying a database plan
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:36:16 GMT
On 11/26/05, Brian Bonner <bkbonner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron, the eclipse XML Builder was giving me errors saying that it
> wasn't valid.  Only when I put it in the container-config did it not
> give me an error.

I think that's a problem with the eclipse XML builder.  If you want to
work around that, try adding an empty container-config tag and put
your resource-ref outside it, because the resource-ref does not belong
in the container-config.  If you have any questions about the
deployment plan format, the authoritative source is the schema located
at schema/geronimo-web-1.0.xsd in your Geronimo distribution.

As far as the database pool portlet goes, that portlet has been
totally replaced since M5 so you shouldn't be seeing this problem any
more as of the next release (or, of course, if you build from source).

Thanks,
    Aaron

> [...]
> >
> > Thanks,
> >     Aaron
> >
> > On 11/26/05, Brian Bonner <bkbonner@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Aaron, thanks (and thanks for sending it to the list)  My bad.
> > >
> > > I was able to get it deployed ok.  I'm now running into a wierd
> > > problem.  I'm trying to deploy my app, but I get:
> > >
> > > C:\mvneclipse\target>deploy deploy paraware-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
> > >
> > >     Error: Unable to distribute paraware-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war:
> > >     Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/DB' (no matching
> > >     resources found)
> > >

> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.0"
> > >         xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0"
> > >         xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.0"
> > >         xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.0"
> > >         configId="com/paraware/TestService" parentId="org/apache/geronimo/
> > > Server">
> > >
> > >         <context-root>test</context-root>
> > >         <context-priority-classloader>true</context-priority-classloader>
> > >         <container-config>
> > >                 <naming:resource-ref>
> > >                         <naming:ref-name>jdbc/DB</naming:ref-name>
> > >
> > > <naming:resource-link>AS400Datasource</naming:resource-link>
> > >                 </naming:resource-ref>
> > >         </container-config>
> > > </web-app>
> > >

> > > My web.xml file includes:
> > >
> > >     <resource-ref id="ResourceRef_1">
> > >         <res-ref-name>jdbc/DB</res-ref-name>
> > >         <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
> > >         <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
> > >         <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
> > >     </resource-ref>
> > >

> > > I ran the debugConsole and received:
> > >
> > > #  J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=net/sf/jt400
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/SystemDatabase
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=ResourceAdapterModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Tomcat
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org/apache/geronimo/DebugConsole
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAConnectionFactory,name=AS400DataSource
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAConnectionManager,name=AS400DataSource
> > > [running]
> > > # J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,JCAResource=net/sf/jt400,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=AS400DataSource
> > > [running]
> > >

> > > It looks like the match is there, but I'm still getting the error.  Any ideas?

I want to deploy

name="UserName">user</config-property-setting>
name="Password">demo</config-property-setting>

      <blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>

      <idle-timeout-minutes>30</idle-timeout-minutes>