geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: deploying a database plan
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 15:41:39 GMT
On 11/24/05, Brian Bonner <bkbonner@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron, I looked at the tomcat switch.  The only difference I saw
> between config.jetty.xml and config.tomcat.xml was the ports that each
> were run on (e.g for http 8080 being the default for each config and
> 8090 being what the other 'jetty or tomcat' was running on).  Or did I
> miss something?
>
> Anyway,  I copied config.tomcat.xml over config.xml and copied
> config.tomcat.list over config.list.
> I tried the command again:
> I got this error:
>
> deploy deploy C:\geronimo-1.0-M5\repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.0.rar
> geronimo-ra.xml
>     Error: Unable to distribute tranql-connector-1.0.rar: No builder
>     found for namespace:
>     http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.0 or default
>     namespace: http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.0

There should also be a difference in the defaultNamespace attribute
for the WebBuilder GBean in the o/a/g/RuntimeDeployer configuration.
In fact, that should be affecting the error message (where it says "or
default namespace:
http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/jetty-1.0", that should be
...tomcat-1.0).  Can you stop your server and check the
var/config/config.xml and check the WebBuilder attributes?  If it
still says Jetty, can you try copying config.tomcat.xml over
config.xml again while the server is definitely shut down and then try
it again?  I don't see how it's still reporting a default of Jetty if
the Tomcat config.xml is in place (unelss maybe you copied it while
the server was running, in which case it may have just been
overwritten).

Thanks,
    Aaron