geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo CMP Engine
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:08:29 GMT
Hans,

Hopefully if someone has made this switch they'll speak up.

Speaking generally, I don't think we've seen a lot of "I've converted
from X to Geronimo" stories yet.  I expect we'll set more of that in
motion once 1.0 is released, which we're targeting for December.

Personally, I haven't deployed anything to production on Geronimo,
though I've done a number of demos and I plan to try a conversion of
one of our big internal apps at work once 1.0 is released.

As far as conversion tools go, I think this is something that it
should be reasonably easy to put together -- something that reads
server-specific deployment descriptors from an application configured
for a different vendor's product and emits a Geronimo deployment plan
based on that information.  The only thing holding me back from
working on that is (in this case) that I don't really know anything
about JOnAS deployment plans.  Are you familiar enough with the JOnAS
syntax that you could work with someone more knowledgeable about the
Geronimo deployment plans and together work out the conversion rules?

Thanks,
    Aaron