geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Introduction and Question
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:17:28 GMT
Lawrence,

Geronimo currently uses an embedded Pluto container to run the
portlets for the management console -- so it can be done.  However,
our integration is "not very good" in that there's no dynamic layout
capability or generally the kind of stuff you'd expect from a "portal
server" as opposed to a "J2EE server with portlet container".

If you want to try it out you can get the source for the
console-framework web module and just update the Pluto config files to
lay out pages with your portlets in your web app instead of our
portlets in the "console-standard" web app.

That said, better integration with proper layout features and all are
on the road map, just not for v1.0.

Thanks,
    Aaron