geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hans Prueller <hans.pruel...@gmx.net>
Subject Geronimo CMP Engine
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:04:12 GMT
Hi together,

some months ago I did some first tests with Geronimo - we're currently
building
a J2EE-App runing on JOnAS application server. Due to some bad errors within
the Transaction-Management/CMP-Engine in JOnAS we're forced to have a look
at alternatives to JOnAS. In fact we would like Geronimo, as we have
made lots
of positive experience with Apache/Jakarta projects. The recent release
of IBM's
WAS CE boosted our migration ideas again...

In fact I would be interested if Geronimo is already ready for
production usage in a
real world scenario? We have learned that beeing j2ee-certified doesnt
guarantee that...

As our project is a rather large and complex one, migration is
inherently combined with
lots of hours of work - we know about some JBoss-to-Geronimo migration
tutorials or
tools, is there anything similar for JOnAS? I'm not sure...

Are there any former JOnAS users out there on the list who have made
some experience?
I would really like to get some more information or something like
"success stories" before
we'll start putting efforts into migration and testing...

thanks for any response,
Hans