geronimo-user mailing list archives

From toby cabot <t...@caboteria.org>
Subject packaging a custom LoginModule?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:45:13 GMT
Hi Folks,

I need to authenticate users of a webapp running in Geronimo, but the
creds come from a proprietary XML format file.  My first thought was
to write a quick hack in my webapp, but then I thought that I'd try it
the J2EE way.  So I started poking around in the guts of Geronimo's
security code.  Alan's "org/apache/geronimo/Demo" webapp was very
helpful, as was the Security page on the wiki.

I've got a trivial skeleton LoginModule that seems to work, but I
can't figure out how to package it.  It works if I add it to
repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-security-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar but I
doubt that this is the recommended way to go.  I tried putting the
files into a jar in the repository but then got ClassNotFound errors.
The wiki deployment page talks about deploying services but the
examples pass only a descriptor to the deployer tool, not a package.

If anyone has any advice about how I should package a custom
LoginModule cleanly and "J2EE"-y I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Toby