geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject config.xml and config.tomcat.xml
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:53:33 GMT
I am trying to understand why we have 2 server config.xml files in var/config directory,
one is config.xml and the other is config.tomcat.xml.

I tried to change the tomcat web container port number to 8888 in config.xml and restart
the server.  The change took effect after the restart.

Then I changed the tomcat web container port number to 8811 in config.tomcat.xml and
restart the server.   Nothing that I can notice changed.

Does this mean config.tomcat.xml is not being used at the server initialization?  Can
someone explain how to use config.tomcat.xml?

thanks,

Lin

http://mail.yahoo.com