geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Andrey Grebnev" <...@udm.ru>
Subject Re: Problem with application-scoped database pool
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2005 19:16:36 GMT
On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:59:06 -0700
 David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I can't tell from the stack trace, but my guess is that
> the jndi lookup  is occuring during  the init method of a
> servlet.  Unfortunately as  noted in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-513 we
> currently  have no way to force the target of a jndi
> reference to start before the  client.  Very
> unfortunately the only workaround I know of at the moment
>  is to deploy the datasource as a separate module.
>
> I think we need to fix this for 1.0
>
> thanks
> david jencks

This code is called from listener's init method.

The issue GERONIMO-513 which you adduced affects version
M3, but this approach correctly worked under versions M3
and M4. It only does not work under Geronimo 1.0 M5. I
suppose that problem is that you have changed something
during removing <global-jndi-name>.

--
Best regards.
Andrey Grebnev