geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Nell Gawor <nell_ga...@hotmail.com>
Subject javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory.provider not set
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:57:28 GMT
Hi,

I undeployed an application I had deployed and now every time I restart
the server I get the following error I've pasted below.  I am using M5.
I see something similar in:

but that was closed as not reproducible.

If it makes any difference, I wasn't seeing this problem when I was
deploying my application with one plan.  It wasn't until I tried with
three plans (one for datasource, one for JMS, and one for the J2EE app
itself) that I seeing this problem.

If no one knows the cause, maybe somebody knows how I can fix my config
so the error won't occur (without reinstalling).

Thanks,
Nell

C:\geronimo-1.0-M5\bin>startup.bat
Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.4.2)...
Starting Geronimo Application Server
[*********>       ] 56%  22s Starting
..apache/geronimo/Console/Jetty09:52:27,8
29 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the
FAILED s
tate:
objectName="geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Console/Je
tty,J2EEModule=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=JACCManager,name=JACCManager"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Property
javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurati
onFactory.provider not set
        at
javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory$1.run(PolicyConfigurat
ionFactory.java:81)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)
        at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:351
)
        at
javax.security.jacc.PolicyConfigurationFactory.getPolicyConfiguration
Factory(PolicyConfigurationFactory.java:75)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.security.jacc.ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManag
er.<init>(ApplicationPolicyConfigurationManager.java:53)
Method)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled Code))
        at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java(Compiled C
ode))
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanI
nstance.java(Compiled Code))
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart
(GBeanInstanceState.java:325)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInsta
nceState.java:110)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
BeanInstanceState.java:132)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
nstance.java:497)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
cKernel.java:210)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.startRecursive(G
BeanInstanceState.java:140)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.startRecursive(GBeanI
nstance.java:497)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startRecursiveGBean(Basi
cKernel.java:210)
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.doStartup(Daemon.java:233)
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.<init>(Daemon.java:78)
        at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.Daemon.main(Daemon.java:316)