geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Barry van Someren <goltha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying exploded WAR's
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:24:53 GMT
Hi,

I never really thought of that actually.
Makes sense that if you would use flat file persistance, that you'd
write to the home directory as you are bound to have rights there and
the App server won't touch it.
However, I'd never do that (I learned to use a database for things
such as persistance) but it might be a good idea if you were to make
something like an image gallery where you have large amounts of binary
data floating around.

Note that I'm just testing existing WebApps and seeing how they work
within Geronimo (see the samples discussion)
I never bothered to check my home directory though, thanks ;-)

As for hot-editing configuration and current classes.. well it should
be possible, but not by editting files in the WAR (but this is outside
the scope of this discussion)

Regards,

Barry