geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom login module
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:06:35 GMT

On Oct 5, 2005, at 11:25 PM, Scott Anderson wrote:

> On 10/5/05, Ivan S. Dubrov <WFrag@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>> My hack was a little cleaner. I was adding the jar containing my
>>> custom login modules as a dependancy to first j2ee-server-plan.xml
>>> but
>>> since the j2ee-security-plan.xml was established I have had to move
>>> the dependancy for my security jar up to the parent configuration of
>>> both the server and security plans; naming-server-plan.xml.
>>
>> I've tried to redeploy these plans, but no luck. Did you redeployed
>> them or built server from sources with modified plans?
>>
>> Anyway, I think this is bug, since I've done things exactly (I think
>> so) as they described here:
>> http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-html-one-
>> page.html#security-custom
>>

> I was following the same script and also could not get it to work as
> advertised. As far as I know to deploy updated geronimo plans you do
> need the geronimo source. I have found that you are required to
> re-build the assembly module to get any changes to the plans in the
> modules/assembly/src/plan directory deployed.

I find Aaron's book a little unclear as to whether you are intended to
amend the standard geronimo plans or include your login module/security
realm configuration in a separate plan, so I'm not quite as clear that
the procedure he describes doesn't work.

I was worried that this situation with login module classloaders would
occur, and sure enough it has: the inability to use custom login
modules in other configurations is definitely a bug.  I've entered a
bug

to make sure we remember to fix this.

It is actually possible to rebuild the plans without the geronimo
source.   The original plans are supplied in doc/plans and you can edit
them and redeploy.

thanks
david jencks