geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Torsten <d...@luniks.net>
Subject Connect to JMS Queue from Servlet
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2005 22:02:40 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to connect to a JMS queue from a method that I call from a
servlet in a simple webapp.

Both the queue and the webapp seems to have been deployed correctly and
the webapp works so far, but when trying to look up the
ConnectionFactory I get a javax.naming.NameNotFoundException.

Below I'll paste my resource adapter XML and the relevant code, could
somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten

Context init = new InitialContext();
// Lookup below seems to succeed but...
ctx = (Context)init.lookup("java:comp/env");
// but this one fails: NameNotFoundException: jms/ConnectionFactory
factory = (QueueConnectionFactory)ctx.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector"
     version="1.5"
     configId="test/Queues"
     parentId="org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS">
     <resourceadapter>
         <resourceadapter-instance>
             <resourceadapter-name>ActiveMQ RA</resourceadapter-name>
             <config-property-setting
name="ServerUrl">tcp://localhost:61616</config-property-setting>
             <!-- config-property-setting
name="UserName">user</config-property-setting -->
             <!-- config-property-setting
name="Password">pass</config-property-setting -->
             <workmanager>
                 <gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</gbean-link>
             </workmanager>
         </resourceadapter-instance>
         <outbound-resourceadapter>
             <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
                 <connectiondefinition-instance>
                     <name>jms/ConnectionFactory</name>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>

<implemented-interface>javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory</implemented-interface>
                     <connectionmanager>
                         <xa-transaction>
                             <transaction-caching/>
                         </xa-transaction>
                         <single-pool>
                             <max-size>10</max-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                             <match-one/>
                         </single-pool>
                     </connectionmanager>

<global-jndi-name>jms/ConnectionFactory</global-jndi-name>
                     <!--
<credential-interface>javax.resource.spi.security.PasswordCredential</credential-interface>
-->
                 </connectiondefinition-instance>
             </connection-definition>
         </outbound-resourceadapter>
     </resourceadapter>
     <adminobject>
         <adminobject-interface>javax.jms.Queue</adminobject-interface>

<adminobject-class>org.codehaus.activemq.message.ActiveMQQueue</adminobject-class>
         <adminobject-instance>

<message-destination-name>jms/testQueue</message-destination-name>
             <config-property-setting
name="PhysicalName">jms/testQueue</config-property-setting>
         </adminobject-instance>
     </adminobject>

</connector>