geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <tbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The state of Geronimo
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:24:14 GMT
Actually, I found a serious bug, I got an exception on
the executeQuery() statement, and it went to the
finally{}, returned true, and gave me access.

This is probably an easy fix, but was just telling you
guys about this hole.

Tyler

--- tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:

> [...]
> bet at this point.
>
> The DB2 universal driver didn't want the username
> and
> password passed in the URL and as properties.
>
> Thanks all! Now I could easily do the parameterized
> username stuff. I'll try modifying it now.
>
> Tyler
>

> --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 19, 2005, at 10:19 PM, <tbot55@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I'm so determined I'm rebuilding M5 with print
> > > statements in the SQLLoginModule file.
> Something's
> > > clearly wrong with something (dunno what). I may
> > be
> > > narrowing it down. From then I guess I can build
> > my
> > > own modules that will connect to the database
> the
> > way
> > > I want, no?
> >
> > That should work.  BTW, the SQLLoginModule is,
> umm,
> > less than the most
> > sophisticated code ever seen, so if you want to
> > improve it we would all
> > be appreciative.  See
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-409.
>
> > I think some easy
> > improvements would be to use prepared statements
> > with the user info as
> > parameters rather than fetching all the info each
> > time.
> >
> > Another, deeper, issue is that it makes a direct
> > connection to the
> > database rather than getting one out of a
> connection
> > pool.  I have
> > never thought this was a good idea.  However, jndi
> > is not available to
> > look up datasources in a login module, so you
> would
> > have to get the
> > datasource more directly from a
> > ManagedConnectionFactoryWrapper gbean.
> > The call would be IIRC
> >
> > DataSource ds = (DataSource)kernel.invoke(mcfName,
> > "$getResource");
> >
> > This would let you use pooled connections which
> > ought to be faster for
> > most databases.
> >
> > I do wonder what the cause of your problems might
> be
> > because there is a
> > working unit test for this login module.
> > >
> > > If there's a quicker way to rebuild changes like
> > this,
> > > then please let me know.
> > >
> > > I rebuild security. Then I rebuild assembly, and
> > use
> > > the new server.jar in the
> > > modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-M5/bin
> > directory.
> >
> > This will definitely work.  I usually find it is
> > more efficient to
> > debug the server in an IDE though.    I use IDEA
> and
> > start the server
> > like this:
> >
> > java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE

-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

(http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html).

> > the
> > two

=== message truncated ===