geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <tbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connectors -- PHP and Geronimo?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:30:20 GMT
Yeah, I see a bunch of articles on IBM, some here and
there, but they seem to avoid any and all declarative
security stuff.

Does anyone know of a way to configure PHP into
Geronimo? I think that would be a cool thing to be
able to do as well. I see JSP is built in, as well as
JavaScript. But at least for the time being, I think
leaving the declarative security stuff alone is my
best bet, time conserving wise.

What are your thoughts?

Tyler

http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/JPetStoreGeronimo.html

> [...]
> derby.log and the derby.properties file.
>
> Hope this helps - I am interested in seeing what you
> find out.  My
> background is with Derby and I am very interested in
> learning about the
> different J2EE configurations that can be used with
> Derby.
>
> tbot55@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >Thanks David,
> >
> >OK, so maybe I'm not sure what I need to do to get
> >what I want done. I want to use Geronimo's
> >SQLLoginModule class to authenticate users logging
> in.
> >I also want to be able to register new users
> through
> >Geronimo (if possible).
> >
> >I can get the GBeans to start in my deployment
> plan,
> >but it isn't going into the database. I created a
> >couple tables in the SystemDatabase, and here are
> the
> >options I set in the LoginModuleGBean:
> >jdbcUser=system
> >jdbcPassword=manager
> >jdbcURL=jdbc:derby:SystemDatabase
> >jdbcDriver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
> >userSelect="select username, password from users"
> >groupSelect="select groupname, username from
> >groups_users"
> >
> >I dont think there's anything different from
> >properties files because I already have that
> working,
> >and it doesn't seem very applicable due to its lack
> of
> >scalability. Thus I'd like to upgrade it a little
> >more.
> >
> >I wish there were an example in Geronimo on this
> like
> >for the properties file, but it's probably an easy
> >fix.
> >
> >Also, David, I did get the connector working as you
> >described. Can I use this to perform insert
> >statements? Or does that have to be done totally
> >separate?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Tyler
> >

> >--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Assuming that the default-database-plan.xml has
> some
> >>resemblance to the
> >>one we supply, it's a plan for a j2ee module, so
> you
> >>need to supply the
> >>module as a command line argument also, such as
> >>
> >>java -jar ../../bin/deployer.jar --user system
> >>--password manager
> >>deploy default-database-plan.xml
> >>

>~/.maven/repository/tranql/rars/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar
> >

> >>Leaving out the j2ee artifact you are trying to
> >>deploy will result in
> >>the error you are seeing.  If you are copying the
> >>default-database-plan
> >>we supply you may want to change the configID in
> the
> >>plan since this
> >>plan is pre-deployed into the config-store that
> >>comes with geronimo.
> >>
> >>The tranql connectors should work fine for your

=== message truncated ===

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/