geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connectors -- Geronimo says syntax error or no deployer service currently available
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:26:37 GMT
If you don't build using maven, you can just use the following at your geronimo home
directory:
java -jar bin/deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy
default-database-plan.xml tranql/rars/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar

You might want to start with the daytrader sample that is available in
geronimo\sandbox\daytrader directory.  Since it is similar to what you are trying to
do... daytrader can allow new users to register, login and buy and sell socks.   And it
is using the tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar connector provided by tranql.

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Assuming that the default-database-plan.xml has some resemblance to the
> one we supply, it's a plan for a j2ee module, so you need to supply the
> module as a command line argument also, such as
>
> java -jar ../../bin/deployer.jar --user system --password manager
> deploy default-database-plan.xml
> ~/.maven/repository/tranql/rars/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar
>
> Leaving out the j2ee artifact you are trying to deploy will result in
> the error you are seeing.  If you are copying the default-database-plan
> we supply you may want to change the configID in the plan since this
> plan is pre-deployed into the config-store that comes with geronimo.
>
> The tranql connectors should work fine for your proposed application.
>
> Hope this gets you farther,
> david jencks
>
> On Oct 18, 2005, at 11:51 PM, <tbot55@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to connect to Derby for password
> > authentication. I'd like to eventually create a form
> > where users can register and store their data in the
> > database. I'm using M5. Here's my deployment command:
> >
> > java -jar ..\..\bin\deployer.jar --user system
> > --password manager deploy default-database-plan.xml
> >
> > I can't even get the default database connector to
> > work.
> >
> > Tyler
> >

> > --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Deploying connectors works fine for me, especially
> >> the tranql ones.  If
> >> you want any help you will need to provide a lot
> >> more information about
> >> what you are doing including geronimo version, plan,
> >> and deployment
> >> command.
> >>
> >> I'm curious as to what features you find lacking in
> >> the tranql derby
> >> connectors that lead you to want to write your own.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> david jencks

> >> connect

> >> available