geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <tbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Connectors -- SQLLoginModule...
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:45:23 GMT
Thanks David,

OK, so maybe I'm not sure what I need to do to get
what I want done. I want to use Geronimo's
SQLLoginModule class to authenticate users logging in.
I also want to be able to register new users through
Geronimo (if possible).

I can get the GBeans to start in my deployment plan,
but it isn't going into the database. I created a
couple tables in the SystemDatabase, and here are the
options I set in the LoginModuleGBean:
jdbcUser=system
jdbcPassword=manager
jdbcURL=jdbc:derby:SystemDatabase
jdbcDriver=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
userSelect="select username, password from users"
groupSelect="select groupname, username from
groups_users"

I dont think there's anything different from
properties files because I already have that working,
and it doesn't seem very applicable due to its lack of
scalability. Thus I'd like to upgrade it a little
more.

I wish there were an example in Geronimo on this like
for the properties file, but it's probably an easy
fix.

Also, David, I did get the connector working as you
described. Can I use this to perform insert
statements? Or does that have to be done totally
separate?

Thanks!
Tyler

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Assuming that the default-database-plan.xml has some
> resemblance to the
> one we supply, it's a plan for a j2ee module, so you
> need to supply the
> module as a command line argument also, such as
>
> java -jar ../../bin/deployer.jar --user system
> --password manager
> deploy default-database-plan.xml

~/.maven/repository/tranql/rars/tranql-connector-derby-embed-xa-1.0.rar

> Leaving out the j2ee artifact you are trying to
> deploy will result in
> the error you are seeing.  If you are copying the
> default-database-plan
> we supply you may want to change the configID in the
> plan since this
> plan is pre-deployed into the config-store that
> comes with geronimo.
>
> The tranql connectors should work fine for your
> proposed application.
>
> Hope this gets you farther,
> david jencks
>
> On Oct 18, 2005, at 11:51 PM, <tbot55@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to connect to Derby for password
> > authentication. I'd like to eventually create a
> form
> > where users can register and store their data in
> the
> > database. I'm using M5. Here's my deployment
> command:
> >
> > java -jar ..\..\bin\deployer.jar --user system
> > --password manager deploy
> default-database-plan.xml
> >
> > I can't even get the default database connector to
> > work.
> >
> > Tyler
> >

> > --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Deploying connectors works fine for me,
> especially
> >> the tranql ones.  If
> >> you want any help you will need to provide a lot
> >> more information about
> >> what you are doing including geronimo version,
> plan,
> >> and deployment
> >> command.
> >>
> >> I'm curious as to what features you find lacking
> in
> >> the tranql derby
> >> connectors that lead you to want to write your
> own.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> david jencks

> >> connect