geronimo-user mailing list archives

From <tbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Security app
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:41:35 GMT
I'm looking into building a simple application that
implements the security features of Geronimo that can
later be built upon.

The security aspect I'd like to focus on is limiting
access for certain users to a page, similar to HTTP
authentication.

This brings up a few questions:
 - Where are the user names/passwords kept?
 - Is there a URL someone could point me to that
   documents any of the APIs above?

The purpose of the application is this: At the end of
the shopping cart process for a purchased electronic
item, such as an eBook, the application would give the
buyer access (by providing a user name/password) to
the directory where the file exists for download.
Without which, the user would not otherwise be able to
access the directory and download the product.

Any tips/pointers to any recommended API and/or
documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Tyler

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/