geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying exploded WAR's
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:53:21 GMT

On Oct 23, 2005, at 1:16 PM, Barry van Someren wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> The deploy instructions show how to deploy WAR's only deals with
> packed WAR's.
> Can you also deploy exploded WAR's in Geronimo (just like you can do
> with Tomcat)?

I think so.  Note that any war or ear with a war inside will get
unpacked into the config-store.  I think if you modify jsps or static
content there the changes will get picked up.

We've had a plan for a while to make it possible to deploy a war so
that jsps and static content are picked up from the original source
location rather than a deployed copy.  This would let you work on your
jsps in your IDE in the location your SCM system knows about yet see
the changes immediately.  I'm not sure if anyone has had the time to
expose this functionality yet.  I would think this would be more useful
than an "unpacked war" deploy feature.

> And what about creating flat files? (writing in the deployed/work
> directory)

Could you explain what you have in mind here in more detail?

> I'm trying out some open source projects to see how well they work
> under Geronimo (to add to the samples matrix)

Great!
> I'm only learning here, sorry ;-)

Well, hopefully I'm learning here too :-)

thanks
david jencks