Hi Jeremy/David,
          Thanks for the prompt response. It cleared up my doubts

Thanks Again
Manu
To amplify a little bit on Jeremy's response...
On Sep 26, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Manu George wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have a few doubts about geronimo features. I checked out the
> release notes from M4 but would like to know if there is any document
> listing the features added upto now. Specifically I have a few
> questions
>   1) Does Geronimo have datasource failover capabilities like in
> JBOSS?
>   2) How many connection managers does geronimo support? Can
> custom connection managers be plugged in?
The connection manager is interceptor based so it is pretty flexible.
At the moment you cannot plug in a custom connection manager, but this
capability could be added fairly easily.  I would need to know what the
alternate connection manager does before pursuing this.  I suspect you
are more likely to want to replace the entire jca subsystem or want to
improve the existing geronimo connection manager.
>   3) Geronimo does not yet handle drivers that supply their own
> DataSource,Is this statement still valid?
no
>  How many types of datasources does geronimo support?
Tranql has generic wrappers for DataSource, ConnectionPoolDatasource,
and XADataSource.  For all of these you are going to want to write at
least a ManagedConnectionFactory implementation that exposes the actual
properties you can set on the datasource, a task that is apt to take
about 5 minutes.
>   4) Can you connect to RDBMS's that have not yet implemented
> JCA-JDBC drivers in geronimo?
Yes, using the tranql connector jca-jdbc wrappers.

thanks
david jencks