I am trying to build geronimo from the source  code.
  For that i checked out the source code by using the command svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo.

  i am using the maven 1.0.2 and svn version  1.2.3

I run the commmand maven m:fresh-checkout

i got the following error

    [cvs] cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.openejb.org( failed: Connection refused

File...... /opt/source/geronimo/maven.xml
Element... ant:cvs
Line...... 212
Column.... 15
cvs exited with error code 1
Command line was [Executing 'cvs' with arguments:

The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
not part of the command.

so i tried to build by typing maven in geronimo root directory

it was going fine but eventually got stuck . the trace is as below

    [echo] NOTICE: Skipping tests; they seem to have passed already
    [echo] No tests to run.
Copying: from '/opt/source/geronimo/modules/kernel/target/geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar' to: '/home/oss/.maven/repository/geronimo/jars/geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar'
Copying: from '/opt/source/geronimo/modules/kernel/project.xml' to: '/home/oss/.maven/repository/geronimo/poms/geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom'
| Executing default Geronimo :: Common
| Memory: 13M/17M
Attempting to download geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.

I have already copied the geronimo-kernel-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar to  .maven/repository/geronimo/jars/

But still it is searching for that one and it is getting timed out also.

can any body tell what is wrong with this

Thanks and Regards,

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com