geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Default JNDI Name
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:36:49 GMT
The "jndi-name" element is only relevant for external access from a
non-j2ee client using proprietary protocols (activeio) and access
through corba (where it is optional).  All j2ee access requires the
client to use the java:comp namespace which is set up independent of
any jndi-name tags and is based entirely on the jsr-77 name of the ejb
which in turn includes the ejb-name.  For corba, the ejb-name is used
if no jndi-name is supplied.

In any case the current handling of jndi-name elements is faulty in
that they should not be associated with the ejb container itself but
with the combination of transport endpoint and ejb container.

thanks
david jencks