geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:16:21 GMT

On Sep 23, 2005, at 10:55 AM, lin sun wrote:

> Thanks so much for your help!!   I made some progress!!:-)
>
> The geronimo application plan below is extremely helpful and I was
> able to deploy the new
> plan with only one change (org/apache/geronimo/ClientCORBA ->
> org/apache/geronimo/ClientCorba).
>
> I got the following error when I tried to start the client.  I think
> it is because I
> don't have the org.acme.UPCallbackHandler in place yet. Is there an
> example or
> documentation of this UPCCallbackHandler?

You have to write it:-)

Something like this should work, I've hardcoded the user/pw.  For a
real app you would want to get them from the user with a gui or
something or get them from the command line.

package org.acme;

import java.io.FileInputStream;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.InputStream;
import java.util.Properties;
import javax.security.auth.callback.Callback;
import javax.security.auth.callback.CallbackHandler;
import javax.security.auth.callback.NameCallback;
import javax.security.auth.callback.PasswordCallback;
import javax.security.auth.callback.UnsupportedCallbackException;

public class UPCallbackHandler implements CallbackHandler {

     private final String userName = "system";
     private final char[] password = "manager";

     public void handle(Callback[] callbacks) throws IOException,
UnsupportedCallbackException {
         for (int i = 0; i < callbacks.length; i++) {
             if (callbacks[i] instanceof PasswordCallback) {
                 ((PasswordCallback) callbacks[i]).setPassword(password);
             } else if (callbacks[i] instanceof NameCallback) {
                 ((NameCallback) callbacks[i]).setName(userName);
             }
         }
     }

}

You are about to get the the point where the missing security gbeans on
the app client will block progress.  I have been hoping for several
days to put a plan for these together but have not had time yet.
Perhaps today will be the day.

thanks
david jencks