geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying axis in to Geronimo! how?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:41:04 GMT

On Sep 13, 2005, at 10:04 PM, ChinUom wrote:

> hi Stefan,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> when we install the geronimo, we can see that jetty, tomcat and some
> other GBeans were automaticaly deployed. but we cant see that axis 1.x
> is deployed with geronimo. do we need to deploy axis GBean before we
> used that?

For j2ee web services, no.  We construct the necessary pieces of axis
for you based on the deployment descriptors and geronimo plan.  The
hard part AFAIK is writing the jaxrpc mapping file which is needed for
anything except rpc/encoded.  Although this file is usually rather
pointless, we follow the spec in requiring it and actually using the
information in it.  I think there are generators for this file by IBM
and Sun although I have never used them and don't know how to find them
or what license they are under.

thanks
david jencks