geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null pointer when deploying web app
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:40:24 GMT
Hi Paul,
By my reading of your exception stack trace, you are deploying a Web Module
which does not implement javax.servlet.Servlet and does not contain a
webservices.xml description. IMO, there's a bug (the NullPointerException)
which is preventing you from getting this more descriptive Exception:

throw new DeploymentException("No web service deployment info for servlet
name " + servletName);

If a "servlet" is not a javax.servlet.Servlet, Geronimo is going to require
a webservices.xml to be defined.

Make any sense? If not, you'll need to tell us a bit more about your Web
Modules.

--kevan