geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: migration from JOnAS]
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:37:55 GMT

On Sep 13, 2005, at 10:21 PM, Hans Prueller wrote:

> Thanks for the tips!
>
> Currently it is impossible to deploy our application.ear because
> Geronimo requires an open-ejb-jar.xml and/or a "plan" for deploying
> the contained resource adapter.

The openejb-jar.xml part of the plan is definitely needed if you have
cmp entitiy beans but may not be needed otherwise.
In my opinion it is not really practical to use xdoclet to generate
plans for resource adapters, and the ra.xml has always seemed simple
enough to me that it is not worth writing an xdoclet plugin for it.

You should be aware that you absolutely need to declare all your
resource-refs, ejb-refs etc in your j2ee deployment descriptors and
look them up in java:comp/env.  Generally if you use the same name in
the reference as for the target we can find the right object without
any info in the geronimo plan.

> As long as XDoclet is not usable for Geronimo we won't be able to
> generate those files (we have over 60 EJB's ...)

You might be able to put something together to translate the cmp
descriptions from the plan for some other app server, or modify an
existing xdoclet plugin:-)

> I'll keep my eyes on it! ;-)

Thanks, any feedback would be welcome.

david jencks