geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Develop application using geronimo kernel
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:23:42 GMT
What kind of applications do you have in mind?

Generally speaking, you need to create "GBeans" (the Geronimo kernel
component model), and then create "configurations" of groups of GBeans.
These configurations can be deployed and managed independently.

Off the top of my head, you would typically need to start with kernel,
system, and possibly common modules (and whatever they depend on). To try
things out with only your code (not Geronimo J2EE features), your best best
is to start with our typical build and then undeploy everything except
org/apache/geronimo/System and maybe org/apache/geronimo/RMINaming (for HEAD
or M5 builds). Then start adding your configurations in.

Aaron