geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:21:13 GMT
I spent some time working on this and committed my results in head.  I
got to the point where I can look up the home and narrow it.  However I
get a corba error when I try to create the ejb object.

in applications/magicGbean

maven -o startServer
maven -o deployApp
java -jar target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager start   org/apache/geronimo/MagicGBallCorba
#at this point the app should be started
#to run the client:

#set up corba system properties to find the right classes:
export
corbaoptions="-
Djavax.rmi.CORBA.UtilClass=org.openejb.corba.util.UtilDelegateImpl
-Dorg.openejb.corba.UtilDelegateClass=com.sun.corba.se.internal.POA.Shut
downUtilDelegate
-Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORBSin
gleton -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.openejb.corba.sunorb.OpenEJBORB
-Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sun.corba.se.internal.ja
vax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject"

#run the client

java -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5003
$corbaoptions -jar target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/client.jar
org/apache/geronimo/MagicGBallClient foo bar

#obviously you may not want the debugging stuff.

The last bit of the stack trace I got is:

Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201
completed: No
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionT
able.java:161)
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.ConnectionTable.getConnection(ConnectionT
able.java:65)
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.iiop.GIOPImpl.getConnection(GIOPImpl.java:67)
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDeleg
ate.java:652)
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDeleg
ate.java:594)
         at
com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.ja
va:886)
         at
org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:431)
         at
org.openejb.corba.util.StubMethodInterceptor.intercept(StubMethodInterce
ptor.java:112)

Hope this helps, I will try to work on it more in the next few days.

thanks
david jencks