geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:48:09 GMT
IIUC 1050 is correct.

There's quite a bit to set up to get this to work.  IMO it is
considerably easier to start with a j2ee app-client and configure the
stuff using a gbean plan.  Unfortunately this will currently only run
on a machine with all of geronimo installed.  Also we haven't published
examples of all the plans you need.  A starting point is the
j2ee-client-corba-plan.xml.  What is missing from this plan is a client
side security setup.  I've been  hoping to get to writing a publishable
version of this for the last week but have been too busy.

Once you get stuff running as an app client I think you will be able to
start all the components you need in code pretty easily for a
non-j2ee-app-client client.  There may be easier ways to do this but I
don't know what they are.

We are using dynamic cglib proxy generation for the stubs.
Theoretically you should also be able to use compiled stubs but I have
no experience with how to do this.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I hope to get more info available
soon....

david jencks