geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo Features.
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:04:06 GMT
Geronimo does not have any direct integration with JDBC but supports
access through the generic J2CA framework. The TranQL project has J2CA
adaptors for various databases.

The J2CA framework is interceptor based which allows different parts of
the connection framework to be plugged in including the connection manager.

TranQL has an adaptor that wraps a generic JDBC driver allowing any
driver to be used.

TranQL has specialized drivers for certain databases (including Apache
Derby, Oracle and soon DB2) that provide a tighter integration with
advanced features of the driver itself. It is at this level features
such as load-balancing and failover would be provided.

For less integrated failover (which is my understanding of the JBoss
feature) a C-JDBC wrapper can be used.

--
Jeremy