geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Looking for a JCAAdminObject rather than a datasource
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:47:42 GMT
paul.newport@targetgroup.net wrote:

> Why is it lookign for a JCAAAdmin Object ? the jndi name jdbc/BROKER,
> should be pointing to a datasource. Is it becasue I have not linked my
> JNDI reference to the phyiscal dataseouce, which is this:

<snip/>

> org.apache.geronimo.naming.deployment.ENCConfigBuilder.addResourceEnvRefs(ENCConfigBuilder.java:254)

The indication here is that your deployment descriptor has a
<resouce-env-ref> element rather than a <resource-ref>

A <resource-env-ref> is used for declaring references to things within a
resource using logical names; for example, with JMS a <resource-ref>
would be used to locate the broker to use, a <resource-env-ref> to map a
queue or topic provided by that broker. When we try to resolve that
during deployment we look for the admin objects that represent these things.

If you replace the <resource-env-ref> with a <resouce-ref> (you'll need
to add some sub-elements for authentication type etc.) then we will look
for connection factories rather than admin objects and it should map
correctly.

--
Jeremy