geronimo-user mailing list archives

From lin sun <linsun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:55:09 GMT
Thanks so much for your help!!   I made some progress!!:-)

The geronimo application plan below is extremely helpful and I was able to deploy the new
plan with only one change (org/apache/geronimo/ClientCORBA ->
org/apache/geronimo/ClientCorba).

I got the following error when I tried to start the client.  I think it is because I
don't have the org.acme.UPCallbackHandler in place yet. Is there an example or
documentation of this UPCCallbackHandler?

E:\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT>java -jar bin\client.jar org/acme
/MagicGBall/Client hi
10:46:27,446 INFO  [ReadOnlyRepository] Repository root is file:/E:/geronimo-1.0
-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/repository/
10:46:27,636 INFO  [LocalAttributeManager] Started LocalAttributeManager with da
ta on 10 configurations
10:46:27,726 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/acme/MagicGBall/Client"
10:46:27,736 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/ClientCorba"
10:46:27,746 INFO  [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
10:46:27,886 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/Cli
ent
10:46:28,107 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/Cli
entCorba
10:46:28,677 INFO  [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - SSLClientCer
10:46:28,687 INFO  [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - NoSecurity
10:46:28,697 INFO  [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - SSLClientPas
sword
10:46:28,748 INFO  [Configuration] Started configuration org/acme/MagicGBall/Cli
ent
10:46:28,768 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in th
e FAILED state: objectName="geronimo.client:type=ClientContainer"
org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientInitializationException: Could not load call
backHandlerClass
        at org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer.<init>(AppClientContain
er.java:75)

        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
rce)

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2005, at 10:39 PM, lin sun wrote:
>
> > Thanks again for the quick response and it is very helpful!   Hope I
> > can get it working
> > any day soon!:-)
> >
> > So I decided to redesign my test scenario based on your
> > recommendations:
> > 1) Find a J2EE client and EJB sample that would work in geronimo
> > environment.   Luckily,
> > I was able to get the MagicGball ear file deployed and the
> > MagicGball-client running in
> > the J2EE client container.   I'd like to use this sample and modify it
> > so that the J2EE
> > client can communicate to EJBs via IIOP.
> > 2) Customize the EJBs and make them available through Corba
> > 3) Customize the client so that it can use the EJB through Corba
> >
> > I followed your guildance below on No. 2 and No. 3 but I could not get
> > much further.
> > Could you please help?
> >
> >> To make ejbs available through Corba  (as servers), you need to:
> >> 1. include a tss-link for each ejb in the openejb-plan to a tss bean
> >> that is configured somewhere, such as the j2ee-server-corba-plan.xml
> >> 2. start the j2ee-server-corba-plan.  The easiest way to do this is to
> >> include and "include" element in your openejb plan:
> >>
> >> <include>
> >>      <uri>org/apache/geronimo/ServerCORBA</uri>
> >> </include>
> >
> > I created the openejb-jar.xml file myself, since MagicGball didn't
> > have one.
> > I could not find much example on <tss-link>...so I assume I can put a
> > tss bean name like
> > "SSLClientCert" that is specified in the j2ee-server-corba-plan.xml.
> > Not sure if this
> > is correct, all I know is that the deployer didn't complain:-)
> > I put the <include>..</include> before the <enterprise-beans>
but when
> > I tried to deploy
> > the ear file, the deployer complained that it expected a
> > <enterprise-beans> tag instead.
> >       Can I just set the parentID to "org/apache/geronimo/ServerCORBA"
> > to reach the same
> > goal?
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >
> >     <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar"
> >                      configId="MagicGBall"
> >                      parentId="org/apache/geronimo/Server">
> >
> >     <include>
> >        <uri>org/apache/geronimo/ServerCORBA</uri>
> >     </include>
> >
> >     <enterprise-beans>
> >       <session>
> > 		<ejb-name>MagicGBall</ejb-name>
> > 	        <tss-link>SSLClientCert</tss-link>
> >       </session>
> >     </enterprise-beans>
> >
> >     </openejb-jar>

> something very different and is not appropriate for ejb-jars.  I don't
> think you can use o/a/g/ServerCORBA as the parentId, the openejb
> classes will be missing :-)
>
> >> To use an ejb from a j2ee application (such as a j2ee app client, web
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

thanks,

Lin

http://mail.yahoo.com