geronimo-user mailing list archives

From lin sun <linsun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 19:52:00 GMT
Thanks for your note!  Still trying to digest it.  Do
you mean after I create a J2EE app client and deploy
it to geronimo, I can build some non-j2ee app client
to communicate to the J2ee app client via IIOP?  Can I
use J2SE as the non-J2EE app client?  Also, is it
possible to run the client-server communication
without the security enabled for test purpose before
you publish the security setup document?

I am trying to understand why starting with a j2ee
app-client would be easier than my approach since I
already got a good portion working.   Here's my
approach...Could you please tell me if this is viable?

1) Deploy the simple EJB I have to geronimo...
Hopefully geronimo would generate the stub on the fly
for me.
2) Create the J2SE client to communicate to the EJB
via RMI over IIOP
- I want it to communicate to the name server on port
1050 (create the initialContext and perform the
lookup)
- I want to use PortableRemoteObject.narrow function
for IIOP communication to perform the cast.

Normally, I would just use the stubs from the server
for the client, but I am lost as to what to do with
geronimo.  I would have the same question if I decided
to go with the j2ee app client easier path you
recommended below.

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> IIUC 1050 is correct.
>
> There's quite a bit to set up to get this to work.
> IMO it is
> considerably easier to start with a j2ee app-client
> and configure the
> stuff using a gbean plan.  Unfortunately this will
> currently only run
> on a machine with all of geronimo installed.  Also
> we haven't published
> examples of all the plans you need.  A starting
> point is the
> j2ee-client-corba-plan.xml.  What is missing from
> this plan is a client
> side security setup.  I've been  hoping to get to
> writing a publishable
> version of this for the last week but have been too
> busy.
>
> Once you get stuff running as an app client I think
> you will be able to
> start all the components you need in code pretty
> easily for a
> non-j2ee-app-client client.  There may be easier
> ways to do this but I
> don't know what they are.
>
> We are using dynamic cglib proxy generation for the
> stubs.
> Theoretically you should also be able to use
> compiled stubs but I have
> no experience with how to do this.
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding, I hope to get
> more info available
> soon....
>
> david jencks
>
> On Sep 20, 2005, at 11:29 AM, lin sun wrote:
>
> > I forgot to mention that I am using a build
> checked
> > out from HEAD last week.
> >
> > Actually I was able to get further using 1050.
> If I
> > use iiop://localhost:1099, I would get an
> exception
> > when instantiate the new InitialContext ctx:
> >
> > javax.naming.CommunicationException: Cannot
> connect to
> > ORB [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
> > vmcid: SUN  minor code: 208 completed: Maybe]
> >
> > My understanding is that if I use IIOP, I would
> need
> > to   talk to the name server which is listening on
> > 1050 by default after the j2ee-server-corba.xml
> plan
> > is deployed.
> >
> > I suspect that I would need to generate stubs for
> the
> > EJB I deployed to help the ctx.lookup().   Anyone
> > knows how to do that with geronimo?  I saw some
> > examples using the -iiop option from weblogic.
> >
> > --- Ken Perl <kenperl@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I guess the client is providing the wrong URL,
> try
> >> to use 1099 instead
> >> of iiop://localhost:1050.

> simple
> >> EJB
> getting
> >> the

> exception
> >> is
> >>>
> IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]

> [...]
p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFact

> > ory");
> InitialContext(p);

> >> IIOP

> >> --