geronimo-user mailing list archives

From lin sun <linsun_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingCntextPackage.NotFound
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:29:36 GMT
I forgot to mention that I am using a build checked
out from HEAD last week.

Actually I was able to get further using 1050.   If I
use iiop://localhost:1099, I would get an exception
when instantiate the new InitialContext ctx:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Cannot connect to
ORB [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:
vmcid: SUN  minor code: 208 completed: Maybe]

My understanding is that if I use IIOP, I would need
to   talk to the name server which is listening on
1050 by default after the j2ee-server-corba.xml plan
is deployed.

I suspect that I would need to generate stubs for the
EJB I deployed to help the ctx.lookup().   Anyone
knows how to do that with geronimo?  I saw some
examples using the -iiop option from weblogic.

--- Ken Perl <kenperl@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess the client is providing the wrong URL, try
> to use 1099 instead
> of iiop://localhost:1050.
>
> On 9/20/05, lin sun <linsun_unc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello there,
> >
> > I am having problems in communicating to a simple
> EJB
> > from a Java RMI client via IIOP.   I was able to
> > deploy the EJB jar to geronimo, but I kept getting
> the
> > following exception when I ran the Client:
> >
> > javax.naming.NameNotFoundException [Root exception
> is
> > org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound:
> > IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]
> >
> > The client app failed at ctx.lookup(JNDI_NAME) and
> > I've made sure that I specified the same JNDI_NAME
> in
> > the client app as I specified in the
> openejb-jar.xml
> > "<jndi-name>" property.
> >

> >       Object home = ctx.lookup(JNDI_NAME);
> //failed
> > here
> >
> > The client app is able to instantiate the new
> > InitialContext ctx:

p.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtxFactory");
> >       p.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,
> > "iiop://localhost:1050");
> >       InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p);
> >
> > I could not find much info related to RMI over
> IIOP
> > from the wiki... help is appreciated!
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Lin