geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:06:09 GMT
well, from the file locations I believe they are the activemq journal
which starts with 2 20mb files and can grow them if necessary.  I'm not
at all sure they are still using howl itself.  I believe there is a way
to disable journaling and use plain database persistence, although that
will be definitely slower.

The transaction manager can be configured to use no logging: there is a
tm in the app client that does this.  My first question before getting
to the question of how much disk space is available on a tiny device
is, whether tx recovery is really necessary on such a device.  The tm
logs are in var/txlog and not that big.

thanks
david jencks