geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:21:52 GMT
On 8/18/05, Dave Colasurdo <davecola@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hmmm.. The only entries in j2ee-server-plan.xml that seems relevant is
> the HOWLTransactionLog gbean and it specifies the file
> var/txlog/howl*.log.   Changing/distributing the changed properties
> associated with this gBean either have no effect on the
> var/activemq/journal/log*.dat or cause the server startup to fail...
>
> However, in the plan system-activemq-plan.xml.. I found the following
> gbean for the journal that seems to define the journal directory though
> have found no properties to control the size of the log-000*.dat file.
>
> <gbean name="ActiveMQ.journal"
> class="org.activemq.store.journal.JournalPersistenceAdapterGBean">
>          <!--TODO change to ServerInfo -->
>          <reference
>          <attribute name="directory">var/activemq/journal</attribute>
>          <attribute name="journalType">default</attribute>
>          <reference
> name="longTermPersistence"><gbean-name>geronimo.server:j2eeType=JMSPersistence,name=ActiveMQ.jdbc,*</gbean-name></reference>
>      </gbean>
>
> Thoughts?

That's to configure ActiveMQ's use of HOWL. Are you referring to log
files in the modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/var/activemq/journal/log-000.dat
directory named log-00*.dat? If so, then we'll need to consult Hiram
or James about how ActiveMQ uses HOWL and why the journal's are of
this size.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project