geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 18:18:41 GMT

> > Why does a simple server startup require 41M of recovery data?  No
> > user applications have been installed on this server yet.
>
> Most likely, but what kind of user machine doesn't have 40M of free
> disk space?

What about a much smaller device than a server or even a PC?

> > Just wondering if there is a way to limit the default disk
> > footprint requirement for geronimo...
>
> You can change these settings in the Server plan.  Look for howl.

I was just looking at the plan when you beat me to responding. I
notice that the maxBlocksPerFile is set to -1 and the maxBuffers
attribute is set to zero. Does this imply that there is no limit?
Also, how are buffers and blocks associated?

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/