geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo disk footprint growth at startup
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:26:04 GMT
On 8/17/05, Dave Colasurdo <davecola@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I've recently noticed that the geronimo disk footprint (on a Windows
> platform) seems to grow from 55M to 96M when the application server is
> started.  It seems that the culprit is
> \geronimo\var\activemq\journal\log-00*.dat..
>
> What exactly are these log files?  Is there a simple way to disable this
> behavior?  Should this be disabled by default in the Geronimo v1
> distributions?

That's the journaling log file produced by the High-speed ObjectWeb
Logger (HOWL) (http://howl.objectweb.org/) that is used by the
Geronimo transaction manager. This log file facilitates transaction
recovery within the server in the event of a server crash and is often
known as a recovery log. As for disabling the use of this file, I
suppose that a property and a null journal class of some sort could be
implemented, but I wouldn't recommend this.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/