geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat configuration
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:28:07 GMT
On 8/8/05, Krish (sent by Nabble.com) <lists@nabble.com> wrote:

> I am trying to configure Tomcat with Geronimo and have followed the steps
> listed in Wiki.
>
> When i build the assembly Tomcat starts in 8090 but i Jetty is also
> available in 8080
>
>   Listening on Ports:
>     1099 0.0.0.0   RMI Naming
>     1527 127.0.0.1 Derby Connector
>     4201 127.0.0.1 OpenEJB Connector EJB
>     8009 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector AJP
>     8080 0.0.0.0   Jetty Connector HTTP
>     8090 0.0.0.0   Tomcat Connector HTTP
>     8443 0.0.0.0   Jetty Connector HTTPS
>    61616 0.0.0.0   ActiveMQ Message Broker Connector
>
> I am unable to remove Jetty though deployer plan and runtime-deployer dont
> have Jetty references.
>
> When i deploy an app it still goes to Jetty and not to TomCat.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

Krish,

In order to replace Jetty with Tomcat, you'll need to build Geronimo
from the source. Below are the steps to follow:

1) Check out the source from the HEAD in SVN. This info is available
on the following page:

    http://geronimo.apache.org/svn.html

2) Build Geronimo from source using the following command:

    maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
-Dgeronimo.web.container=tomcat

The build process will take a while and the result will be in the
modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT directory.

M4 does not include an easy way to change from using Jetty to Tomcat.
M5 will definitely include this which is why I've suggested the
instructions above.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project